In Person Program Emcee
Onyx Offsites and Training is hiring Emcee’s to host and entertain during our in-person programs and experiences. Do you enjoy speaking and entertaining in front of groups, while making people laugh and smile? If so then this is the opportunity for you...
We work with companies small and large, giving you the chance to interact with amazing people and communities. We are slowly returning to in person events as things safely open up over the coming months. Our in person events take place primarily in San Diego and Southern California, but also across the United States.
Some of our most popular programs include:
- Scavenger Hunts
- Team Olympics
- Corporate Social Responsibility - Bike Builds, Surfboard Art, Care Packages, etc.
- Professional Development Trainings and Workshops
The role of an Emcee is to assist with set-up/strike of the event, manage program staff and quality, and serve as the main source of entertainment and direction during the program. We are looking for detail-oriented, organized, outgoing individuals who like to have FUN! We will provide all tools and resources for you to be successful.
- Facilitate groups ranging from 20 to 200 people through team building initiatives, group games, ice breakers, and warm-ups
- Location setup, strike, and risk management
- Oversee program facilitators and serve as a client liaison during events
- Work closely with Corporate Program Manager regarding feedback, training and program improvement
- Familiarity with corporate etiquette and events
- Clean, professional appearance - we often work in upscale venues
- 2+ years of leading and entertaining large groups, specifically in the team building or corporate event sphere - we are looking for polished folks!
- High energy and personable nature - acting and/or theatre experience is a plus!
- Excellent communication, leadership and teamwork skills - loud voices needed!
- Proficient skills in the following: team building initiatives, group games, risk management, and group management
- Availability to attend a half-day paid training
- Flexible availability to work programs Monday through Friday, with an occasional weekend (Programs are 4 - 6 hours long including setup and strike)
- Reliable mode of transportation
- Based in San Diego or surrounding areas
- Hourly minimum wage for training sessions
- $40/hr on program